Position Title: Fire Protection Engineer (Entry Level)
Company Name: The Fire Protection International Consortium, Inc.
Job Location: Woodridge, IL
The FPI is looking to hire an individual with experience, or desire to learn Fire Protection design and consulting services for business and industry.
- Fire System Design: Fire alarm, automatic sprinkler, fire pumps, clean agent systems, smoke control systems, master water systems.
- Building Code Consultation: Building code analysis, negotiations with code officials, life safety analysis, performance-based design, evaluating documentation, high pile permit drawings.
- Additional Specialized Fire Services: Hazard analysis; high pile analysis; code evaluations; emergency response plan; review of your existing and future fire protection and life safety systems; assist in negotiations with building and fire code officials; develop performance specifications for fire detection and fire alarm systems, sprinkler systems, fire pumps and suppression systems; statement of conditions; construction observation and management; witness acceptance testing of fire protection systems; review of contractor design drawings and calculations; assist in the permit process; analysis of combustible liquids, hazardous materials and flammable liquids storage; equipment arrangement, location and selection; water supply analysis and diagnostic testing of distribution systems; evaluation of fire barriers; evaluation of insurance company protection requirements.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Engineering degree in related engineering discipline, mechanical, electrical, architectural.
- New graduates can apply for this position.
- Experience in the design of fire alarm and sprinkler systems and fire code consulting is desirable but not necessary.
- Experience in warehouse protection schemes is a plus.
Salary range and benefits:
Negotiable based on experience.
Resume Submission/Application Instructions:
Submit resume to:
Jerry Schultz and Dave Polensky
firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
Questions please contact