Position Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer, Fire Protection
Company Name: PAE Consulting Engineers
Job Location: Portland, OR
The following job description is a general summary of duties typically performed in this position. It is not all-inclusive and is not an employment contract. PAE employees are expected to perform duties as assigned by management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project team leadership and management
- Active participant in firm leadership and management
- Able to effectively communicate design options to a diverse stakeholder group
- Completes the project within the budget and schedule
- Extensive knowledge of engineering systems, codes, and other disciplines
- Provide training and development for staff
- Determine preliminary fire/domestic water requirements for various building types
- Evaluate water flow test results to determine if adequate pressure and flow is available or if fire pump is required
- Update master specifications and standards, and improve company processes
- Develops client relationships
- Specify appropriate fixed fire protection systems, i.e. automatic fire detection and suppression to support fire engineering design solutions
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Inspires and motivates staff
- Leads and manages projects successfully and profitably
- Serve as a technical resource for the company
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Limited AutoCad/Revit
- Engineering calculation and performance simulation software
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering for discipline work
- Knowledge of NFPA standards
- Requires a minimum of three-five years industry experience
At PAE, we like to think of ourselves as a little bit different from most engineering firms. Here’s why:
- We care intensely about envisioning and creating sustainable building systems, and work every day to break new ground in the world of sustainable design.
- We have a closer affinity to the visions of the architects we work with than more engineers we’ve met. We understand the need for beauty as well as practicality.
- We value creativity as much as we value precision, which is to say, we value both a great deal.
- We understand that visionary people the people we want to hire need to experience the world in order to change the world, and we try very hard to support that need.
- We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our clients.
Salary range and benefits:
Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience and to include a generous benefits package. Additional information about our highly-competitive benefits and additional company perks can be found at: http://pae-engineers.com/careers/benefits.