Position Title: Account Engineer, National Insurance Property
Company Name: Liberty Mutual Insurance
Job Location: Chicago/Warrenville, IL
Provide an array of property risk engineering services to commercial property underwriters and customers, including:
- technical consultations, on-site property surveys, project specification development, project/plan reviews, and any other service requiring property risk engineering or fire protection expertise.
- Identify, evaluate, qualify and quantify risk globally as related to covered perils to influence underwriting decisions and organizational profitability.
- Provide risk engineering services and information to track progress and demonstrate the value of doing business with Liberty Mutual.
- Serves as the Property Risk Engineering contact with brokers and corporate customer management.
- Manages the flow of engineering information between the customer, Risk Engineering Consultant, Broker, Underwriter, and all other interested parties to add value through risk improvement programs and superior customer service.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in a specialized field, property risk assessment, or property risk analysis.
- Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
- Demonstrated ability to retrieve and enter information using various proprietary software applications and create/modify documents and complex spreadsheets using Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge and skills are normally acquired through a bachelor’s degree with coursework in math, engineering or related areas (or equivalent) and at least 5 to 7 years of directly related large property or Highly Protected Risk (HPR) experience in property loss prevention or risk engineering.
- Candidates are typically working towards (or obtained) an advanced degree and/or professional certification in one or more of the following areas: PE, NFPA-CFPS, UL–CRE.
- Position requires regular travel.
At Liberty Mutual, we exist to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow— a purpose that’s as true for our employees as it is for our customers. From Analytics and Underwriting to Technology and Legal, our expansive range of roles makes it possible to pursue your tomorrow, today, no matter where your skillsets and passions lie. Here, you’ll discover a diverse atmosphere focused on openness, inclusion, trust, and respect. You’ll also discover that we offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package designed to support you in all the ways that matter most.
Resume Submission/Application Instructions:
Click here to submit resume online
Questions please contact
Dion Powell, ARM, CFPS
Engineering Operations Manager – Central Region
Property Risk Engineering
Liberty Mutual Insurance
27201 Bella Vista Parkway – Suite 210, Warrenville, IL 60555